200-Hour SSY Yoga Teacher Training: Learn to teach great classes with confidence.
New! Become a Yoga Therapist! Our Yoga Therapy Program allows you to train to Be a Yoga Therapist while taking our 200-Hour YTT! We are partnering with Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy to offer this new program!
Choose from two tracks: the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Track, or 200 Hour Teacher Training plus Yoga Therapy Training. Details coming on start dates for both these programs.
Yoga Therapy Training: Includes our 200-Hour Teacher Training as well as: The Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Online Course The Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Program is designed to certify you to work with individuals within the yoga therapy model. Upon completion you will have the information and skills to work one-on-one with people for a wide range of conditions. (Note: Retreats with Brandt are not included in this program.)
All programs include:
—Pattern-untangling on a physical, mental, and emotional level, and self-care to-the-max.
When you commit to yourself, and engage with the teachings more seriously, life gets WAY better.
Bonus: You will be glowing at the end of 11 months!
Tuition Fees for 200-Hour Teacher Training: $3,900
Tuition Fees for 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training PLUS Yoga Therapy Training: $5,600
Summer Retreat: Wed. Jul 15 to Sunday July 19 (attendance required to successfully complete program.)
In this 11-month course you will build an extraordinary foundation for your teaching and your life!
You love yoga, and you are ready to take action and go deeper! Our Yoga Teacher Training is designed to give aspiring teachers effective, practical skills to teach basic classes with confidence.
Grounded in deep, authentic practices of asana and meditation, we will use intelligent & creative sequences that empower students to work consciously at their expanding edge, and create a stable platform for the growth of Consciousness. From this strength and stability comes the development of true teaching skills.
Connect to your heart, and your authentic voice to impact the rest of your life in a profound way!
This Teacher Training is open to students of all traditions, and to students who would like to transform their lives through deepening their practice and knowledge of yoga.
Suzanne Lynch, Owner and Director of Saratoga Springs Yoga, will be leading the training.
You will receive:
- Yoga practices that support the optimal unfolding of your life, vibrant health, and an awake mind.
- Guidance on your path of awakening through Q & A Calls with the group and Suzanne.
- Practical knowledge needed to offer fun and engaging yoga classes.
- Immersion in, and help in applying in the teachings of Ayurveda to your own life.
- A delicious 5-day July retreat, held at Saratoga Springs Yoga Studio, to more deeply experience a yogic life style.
Prerequisites: Have an ability to be open and curious, a desire for transformation, a willingness to take action, and courage for the journey. We also recommend at least a year of regular asana practice, 3 to 4 times a week.
Requirements to receive your Yoga Teacher’s Certification:
- Attendance at all weekends is required. All missed sessions must be made up attending other Teacher Training sessions (additional hourly fees apply to these make-up sessions).
- Commitment to take one weekly class.
- Successful completion of all YTT homework assignments.
- A regular yoga practice (minimum 1 hour practice, 4 days/week).
- Meditate 20 minutes a day.
Acceptance into program is based on approval of your application.
Additional required hours (outside YTT Weekends) include:
- 3-5 Hours of assisting.
- 10 hours practice teaching on your own.
- Reading and writing assignments, due each weekend. There is 30 plus hours of homework over the course of the training. (About 10-12 hours per month.)
Certification: Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the YTT Program will receive a Certificate of Completion from Saratoga Springs Yoga, and will also be certified by the Yoga Alliance as an RYT 200
Course content includes:
- Dedication to personal practice and self-reflection; deepening studentship
- Anatomy & therapeutic applications of yoga
- Mentoring and personal feedback
- Conscious communication skills
- Observation skills
- Demonstration skills
- Verbal and hands-on adjustments
- Weaving a spiritual theme with alignment instructions throughout the class
- Lesson planning and design
- The ethics of teaching yoga
- Taking the seat of the teacher
- Practice teaching in pairs and small groups
- Monthly homework assignments and required weekly yoga classes
- Modifications for beginners and students with injuries or limitations
- Creating meaningful themes
- Refining Language skills
- Classroom layout and creating sacred space
Cancellation Policy for Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy Programs:
Up to 4 weeks before the start of program, you may receive a refund minus 20% of the total cost. After that, no refunds are given for the Yoga Teacher Training, Body Radiance, or Yoga Therapy Programs.
We reserve the right to cancel this program if the minimum number of participants is not met.